Wednesday, August 29, 2012

[Tourney report] Cardmart Team Tournament @ 26 Aug 2012

Team of 3
Participants: 13 teams
4 swiss round + top 8

Team name: Angry CB (intentionally made to sound offensive)
A: Alex 'Angryboy' - Darkworld
B: Calvin - Hero Beat
C: Bahamut- Hero Beat

Round 1: Vs Infernity
So the day started poorly, Alex was still sleeping at home when the tournament is starting. We decided to just play with a handicap and hope that Calvin and I can get 2 wins lol. Won the first game easy, second game was just Hero deck with no Hero again and time was called in the third game. I destroyed one of his 2 backrow with Stratos then made Excalibur for the attack, unfortunately the other set card was Prison and it was my last turn. He had higher LP.

Alex: X (for being absent and is on his way from home)
Calvin: O
Me: X

Round 2: Vs Laval
China Laval too stronk. He did the usual milling and Rekindling but he was surprised as I main Maxx C. Drew a bunch of cards as he made Red Nova Dragon which I easily get rid of with Super Polymerization and won it. The next 2 games was thrash as I did not draw any Veiler or Maxx C or any of my side deck cards for that matter.

Alex: X
Calvin: X (Shien Naturia Beast OP lolol)
Me: X

Round 3: Vs Hero Beat
Won the first game as the match up was in my favor. I drew more Sparks and Blast and even had Verz Thunderbird in deck. Second game I was in control when suddenly a wild Super Polymerization on my Thunderbird followed by a Miracle Fusion and got direct attacked by Escuridao and a 3500 Shining for game since I activated Solemn Warning earlier. The third game was once again a back and forth until my hand got clogged by a Card Car D which I drew from Spark and unable to perform a Bubbleman OTK. He made a read that I had a Gorz cos I was like "oh damn you this card!" after I drew off spark and ended with an open field. I went ahead and OTK next turn after normal summoning that Card Car D.

Alex: O
Calvin: X
Me: O

Round 4: Vs TG Agents
Putraaaaaaaa! First half of the game I was fighting mostly TG cards, and then second game he drew bad.

Alex: O (Best Mind Crush SG, dropped 3 Countdown in one Crush)
Calvin: O
Me: O

So we went 2-2 and was placed 10th lol.

====================================

It was my first tournament for the new format. I anticipated Agents, Hero and Lavals to be the deck to beat. I really did not have much deck choice so I just went ahead with Hero Beat with plenty of random cards to basically fight everything.


Monster

[1] Gorz
[1] Photon Trasher
[1] Verz Thunderbird
[3] E Hero Alius
[1] E Hero Stratos
[1] E Hero Bubbleman
[2] Card Car D
[2] Maxx C

Spell

[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Heavy Storm
[1] Reinforcement of the Army
[1] Super Polymerization
[2] MST
[2] Emergency Call
[2] Pot of Duality
[3] Gemini Spark
[3] Miracle Fusion

Trap

[1] Solemn Judgment
[1] Solemn Warning
[2] Torrential Tribute
[2] Dimension Prison
[2] Bottomless Traphole
[3] Hero Blast


Card Choices:

Maxx C - Picked over Veiler because it is more useful in general against Agents, Mermails and Laval.

Verz Thunderbird - Just a random tech against backrow heavy decks such as Hero Beat

Photon Trasher - Great card overall. Can run over a boosted Venus, big enough to bait Alius for a spark and other Thunderbirds, also a great bait for Bottomless. I had 2 more in my side deck because it is just so good. This has replaced Cyber Dragon entirely even though things may change if more and more Machine decks appear and I have to put Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.

Card Car D - Less Duality and Emergency Call means you need more draw. Even before the semi limitation people are already running them. Consistency of the deck is everything, dead Spark and Blast is no fun.

Solemn Warning - Just one copy for me because I am scared of OTK. Ironically I died because of that one Solemn Warning because of time and in another one of my games.

Dimension Prison - Preference over Mirror Force.

That is about it, everything else is standard.

2 comments:

  1. curious to your side and extra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you plz post the darkworld decklist :P

    ReplyDelete